Sunday, August 31, 2014
The "Rabbi" and the Wizz
1. Try to imagine how you would react if you saw a "scoop" on the web site run by white supremacists in Alabama claiming that the Ku Klux Klan was in fact being secretly run and commanded by Rev Al Sharpton or Barack Obama's daughter. Would you laugh yourself silly?
Well a claim a hundred times sillier is currently making the rounds on all the Bash-Israel web sites, claiming that ISIS is in fact run by the Israeli Mossad. The anti-Semites even claim to know the name of the Israeli agent running ISIS.
The fabrication seems to have been invented by the web site of a Neo-Nazi organization calling itself "Veterans Today." The "scoop" appears here: http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/08/04/french-report-isil-leader-mossad/. It goes without saying that these people are not veterans at all. This is a conspiracist group that finds Zionist agents under every bed and inside every coca cola machine. It is wackier than the 9-11 Troofer kooks. The group has long been listed by the Anti-Defamation League as a Neo-Nazi group (see http://blog.adl.org/tags/veterans-today).
"Veterans Today" insists the Jews themselves planned the Holocaust and are currently incubating a new Hitler inside America. It has also long tried to capitalize on the old story of the accidental Israeli firing on the USS Liberty navy ship in the middle of the Six Day War (see http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/06/07/alan-hart-israels-attack-on-the-uss-liberty-the-full-story/ ). Indeed, that seems to be the origin of the group's name. They pretend to be navy vets who had been on that ship. As Neo-Nazis they have no problems with any of the countless Muslim attacks on the US over the past 60 years, and the only "attack" on the US military that interests them is that incident with the USS Liberty. (The truth about the Liberty incident can be read here: http://archive.adl.org/israel/uss.html#.VALtzDKSzK0 and http://inyourface.info/ArT/Alpha/UsL.shtml ). The Liberty incident remains the favorite bugaboo of the Neo-Nazis and their jihadi allies.
The Neo-Nazis are claiming that
2. Geezers my age may recall a popular book from the 60s titled "Black Like Me," about a white journalist who posed as a black man in the South and wrote about his experiences. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Like_Me ). Well, one of the more amusing developments in recent Israeli history consists of a somewhat similar book, titled "Catch the Jew," written by journalist and play writer Tuvia Tenenbom. He is well known as the founder of the Jewish Theater in New York (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuvia_Tenenbom).
In his new book, the multi-lingual Tenenbom toured the West Bank while passing himself off as a German investigative reporter. He spent time with the various leftwing Israeli and foreign agitators in the West Bank and asked them to educate him about the plight of the "Palestinians." He turned the results into a book. It is hilarious and at the same time highly revealing of the sorts of propagandists operating to undermine Israel and provide disinformation to the media. A chapter of his new book is reprinted in this past weekend's Makor Rishon.
Much of the chapter deals with Tenenbom's meetings and travels about the West Bank with "Rabbi" Arik Ascherman, head of the misnamed "Rabbis for Human Rights," a far-leftist anti-Israel propaganda NGO. Ascherman has "ordination" from the Reform synagogue "seminary" in Cincinnati and his wife also claims to be "ordained." In other words, both are Rabbis in the same sense as I am a ballet dancer.
While I have attacked Ascherman as a self-hating Jewish anti-Semite for years, the portrait of him in Tenenbom's chapter is far more demolishing. Mockery remains the most powerful weapon against such critters. Tenenbom meets Ascherman while the latter is wearing a "We are All Al-Arakiv" tee shirt, that being the name of some West Bank terrorist village. Noting that Ascherman is awash in funding from overseas haters of Israel, Tenebom describes how Ascherman "delivers the goods" to his patrons.
Ascherman first takes the "German journalist" to an olive orchard where he is lectured about how the "settlers" come and sabotage it and how Ascherman's team defends the trees from them. Tenenbom's guide is a Kenyan who came to the West Bank to make the world peaceful and it is a few days after the massacre of Kenyans in Nairobi by Islamists. Tenenbom asks the guide why he is here and not in Kenya trying to make world peace. He evades answering.
When they get to the orchard a Palestinian claiming his name is Bruce Lee tells the "German" about how settlers shot him last year. Bruce Lee says the "settlers" murder Palestinians all the time. How many have been so murdered?, asks the "German." Ascherman's host intervenes and tells him you will have to look it up on Google. The "German" persists and Bruce Lee says two. When? In 1999 and 2000. Bruce Lee goes on and tells the "German" that a few days ago, an Arab was praying in the field and a "settler" rode up on his horse, dismounted, told the Arabs to stop praying, and then shot him. From this we learn there are actually settlers who ride horses, says the "German" sarcastically. Did you actually see that, Bruce Lee is asked? No, my neighbor told me about it.
When no murderous settlers show up to bother the olive pickers, Ascherman offers to send a car that will take the "German" to see the horrific destruction perpetrated by settlers elsewhere. The driver arrives, a Palestinian Arab named Zakaria. They take him to a village where the German is told that every day or two the army comes and burns homes for no reason. The German asks to see some burnt homes. They cannot point him to any. They offer to show him photos of the army burning houses on a cell phone. When the German asks to see the phone photos, it turns out that they mysteriously disappeared, almost like IRS records.
Suddenly an Israeli army jeep appears. Watch this, say the hosts, the kids in the village will throw rocks at the jeep and then the soldiers will open fire at them. So they follow the jeep a bit. At one point the jeep pulls over to the side. Aha, say the hosts, these soldiers are about to set up a security checkpoint to harass Palestinians.
The German watches and one of the soldiers gets out of the jeep and takes a wizz into the bush on the side of the road.
Ah, these soldiers must be the "Number One" problem in the West Bank, but fortunately they did not turn out to be the "Number Two" problem.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
40 Lessons from Hamas’ War Against the Jews
40 Lessons from Hamas' War Against the Jews
Posted By Steven Plaut On August 29, 2014
1. Nice fences do not stop missiles, rockets, and mortars.
2. Complete removal of Israeli forces and Jewish settlers from an area merely signals Israeli weakness and invites escalated Arab terror and aggression.
3. Hamas (and Hezb'Allah and ISIS) cannot be defeated with air strikes. There is no effective alternative to ground invasion and ongoing military control of the ground retaken.
4. Unless the Israeli military controls the ground on the other side of fences, those fences achieve nothing.
5. Goodwill gestures by Israel increase terror.
6. Goodwill gestures by Israel never produce moderation of Arab goals and demands. They also do not win Israel friends in the West but rather encourage outbursts of anti-Semitism.
7. Terror is not caused by Israeli settlements but by the removal of Israeli settlements.
8. Terror is not caused by Israeli military occupation but by the removal of Israeli military occupation.
9. It is impossible for two sovereign entities to exist between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea.
10. No matter how many concessions Israel makes, the world will always justify Arab terrorism because there will always be still one more capitulation Israel failed to make.
11. No matter how nice Israel is to its own Arab citizens and no matter how many affirmative action programs it implements, Israel will always be accused of being an "apartheid regime."
12. The Israeli far left is an openly anti-Semitic movement that seeks Israel's destruction and automatically endorses the enemies of Israel in nearly all things.
13. The Likud is too cowardly to defeat the terrorists.
14. The real enemy of Israel is not Arab fascism but Jewish leftism.
15. Much of the world has no qualms about seeing Jewish civilians murdered by terrorists. In fact it celebrates these Jewish deaths and complains that there are too few of them.
16. The Israeli Left will oppose every conceivable act of Israeli self-defense.
17. Israeli niceness and flexibility fan anti-Semitism.
18. Arab terrorists do not morph into statesmen.
19. Israel bashers do not care about dead Arab civilians, other than as a useful tool with which to bludgeon Israel.
20. Many on the worldwide Left would not raise an eyebrow if Israeli Jews were shipped off to concentration camps in cattle cars – except perhaps to demand improved rail service.
21. The vast majority of Israeli Arabs and nearly all Israeli Arab politicians support terrorism and wish to see Israel destroyed.
22. There are hundreds of Jewish professors in Israel who serve as an academic Fifth Column and who collaborate with the enemies of their country. They are the moral equivalent of American and British jihadis who fight for the ISIS.
23. The Arabs will not accept an independent Israel within any set of borders, no matter how small. Hence reducing Israel's territory does nothing but signal weakness and destructibility.
24. The only country on earth expected to respond to the mass murder of its civilians by turning of the other cheek is Israel. The only country on earth that has spent years trying to defeat aggression and terrorism by turning the other cheek is Israel. It failed.
25. No matter how Israel responds to aggression and terrorism, it will always be denounced as a "disproportionate" response. The only "proportionate" response is complete capitulation by Israel. If an Israeli coughs in the general direction of Gaza, this would be a disproportionate war crime and act of genocide.
26. Those who claim that anti-Zionism is different and distinct from anti-Semitism tend, on close inspection, to be anti-Semites themselves.
27. The only people on earth whom the Left believes should be denied the right to self-determination and self-defense are the Jews.
28. "Palestinians" are not a nation in any true sense of the term and never were. They are simply Arabs who happened to migrate or infiltrate into Western Palestine. They have no "right" to statehood.
29. Israeli leftists, rather than learn from the failures of their policies and "ideas," will always complain that their policies have not been applied thoroughly enough.
30. The moral and legal responsibility for every single Arab civilian killed or injured in the Middle East conflict rests squarely on the shoulders of the Arab terrorists and their Western amen choruses.
31. There is no moral or legal reason for Israel to refrain from attacking terrorists and murderers when they hide among civilians.
32. Israel is the only country in the Middle East that is NOT an apartheid regime.
33. Palestinians are the Sudeten Germans of the Middle East.
34. There are no non-military solutions to the problem of terrorism.
35. One can only make peace with one's defeated enemies.
36. There are no significant differences between the agenda of the PLO and the agenda of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, the Moslem Brotherhood, and ISIS.
37. One cannot make peace by pretending that war does not exist.
38. One cannot buy off anti-Semites and Islamofascists with trade concessions and subsidies.
39. The only way to stop terrorism is to kill terrorists.
40. No terrorist has ever murdered anyone after he was executed.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Israeli Tenured Leftists on Holocaust Denier Web Site
Monday, August 25, 2014
The Symposium against Patriotism and Democracy at Tel Aviv University
The Symposium against Patriotism and Democracy at Tel Aviv University
In recent weeks Israel has seen an unprecedented unification of spirit, with nearly the entire Jewish population strongly endorsing the military activity against the Gaza savages. The main criticism of the operations is coming from people who believe that the government is not using ENOUGH firepower and force.
The Radical academic Left has maintained an eerie silence throughout much of the operation, But this week a group of Tenured Leftists held a symposium to denounce the widespread patriotism that they fear has infected Israel. The symposium at Tel Aviv University was titled "How to Think about the War," the purpose of which was to tell people how to think. And of course the correct way to think is how the Far Left and communists think.
The symposium was organized in response to an innocent memo sent out by the Tel Aviv University administration expressing support for Israeli soldiers during the war, "embracing them," while at the same time denouncing "hurtful and extremist" comments being made by people in the social media and internet. That statement enraged the tenured Left. How dare the heads of Tel Aviv University say that they are embracing the soldiers.
The anti-patriotism rally was organized by Prof. Ishay Rosen-Zvi, an ultra-leftist faculty member at TAU in "Hebrew Culture." Rosen Zvi has a long track record of pseudo-academic Israel bashing (see http://isracampus.org.il/third%20level%20pages/Editorial%20-%20Lee%20Kaplan%20-%20Ishay%20Rosen-Zvi%20-%20leads%20crusade%20at%20Shimon%20HaTzadik%20Neighborhood.htm ) . He said he organized the symposium because he felt that the administration's statement about embracing soldiers was silencing freedom of speech and also because he felt revulsion at the wave of patriotism and unity in the Israeli media. After all, hardly any treasonous opinions were being aired during the war! Rosen Zvi demanded that the media be cleansed of the endless security-oriented and patriotic opinion, which is "designed to suppress freedom of speech." (Hebrew report in Haaretz on this is at http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/education/.premium-1.2415984 ).
Rosen Zvi was particularly irate at the fact that deaths of Israeli soldiers were not producing defeatist sentiments in the public. In the past, he said, such deaths produced pressures on the government but now they were simply contributing to a sense of national unity. In addition, Rosen Zvi denounced what he describes as "violence against the Left," by which he means public criticism of the Left. Other speakers at the symposium denounced the "excess" number of injuries of Gaza civilians as war crimes.
Sunday, August 24, 2014
Israeli Left becoming Extinct
|Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu surprised many at his Tel Aviv press conference Wednesday night by promising a "new diplomatic horizon."|
It was remarkable not only because the press conference was supposed to be about war and not peace, but also because it came at the culmination of a week that was so bleak for those who want to see a diplomatic solution to the Gaza problem, and the entire Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Hopes for an extended cease-fire were dashed. Rocket attacks resumed in full scale and scope. And the Israeli Left endured a week that its leaders undoubtedly would want to forget.
The week started with a poorly attended pro-peace rally at Tel Aviv's Rabin Square.
The same location that once boasted 400,000 left-wingers at a demonstration got 10,000, according to the most optimistic among the event's organizers – and much less according to others.
No matter who was right, the 10 sponsoring organizations should have been able to bring out a lot more, especially after they were challenged by none other than US President Barack Obama.
"If [Netanyahu] doesn't feel some internal pressure, then it's hard to see him being able to make some very difficult compromises, including taking on the settler movement," Obama said in an interview with New York Times columnist Tom Friedman.
If Obama had been the speaker at the rally, a lot more people would have come.
Meretz leader Zehava Gal-On, Hadash chairman Muhammad Barakei and author David Grossman apparently were not enough of a draw.
Labor Party leaders admitted they boycotted the event because they were afraid it would cause then to lose votes from the Center. Perhaps that was also why Labor chairman Isaac Herzog attacked Netanyahu this week from the Right.
Herzog said Tuesday that the prime minister's job was to provide security and complete quiet to residents of the South, implying he should take more action to do so.
"If, as Netanyahu has said, Hamas has been vanquished, he should reach a diplomatic deal under the best terms possible for Israel," Herzog said. "But if the government was to surrender in order to bring about a fake quiet like that which we had until today, it would prove it is a weak government that has failed."
The poor showing at the demonstration could be explained by a poll released Tuesday, which found that the Left's numbers in Israel are dwindling. The Israel Democracy Institute and Tel Aviv University have been taking a monthly poll called the Peace Index since 1994; never in those 20 years have there been fewer people who call themselves left-wing.
When asked to place themselves on the political spectrum for foreign policy and security issues, 34 percent self-identified as part of the Right, 28% as moderate Right, 22% as centrist, 9% as moderate Left, and only 3% as Left.
IDI Prof. Tamar Hermann, who takes the polls, explained that at first the Right and Left were divided half and half. She said the Left's numbers started to fall following the November 1995 assassination of prime minister Yitzhak Rabin.
For many years, 25%-30% of respondents called themselves left-wing; in recent years, 15%-17%. In an interview with the new Voice of Israel website – a Jerusalem-based, English-language broadcast network – Hermann said the Left had shrunk due to internal disputes, the reshaping of the political map, demographic changes and steps taken by the Palestinians.
"People who tended to put themselves on the Left and supported the operation [in Gaza] were a bit hesitant to place themselves on the Left, because the vociferous Left was strongly against the operation – or at least its consequences," she said. "People's self-identification with this camp has become more problematic than it used to be in the past."
Former deputy defense minister Danny Danon (Likud) had a different explanation.
The MK said the rival camp was suffering because the Palestinian leadership repeatedly rejected diplomatic overtures from Israel.
"The Left has become an endangered species," Danon said. "I have noticed how frustrated people on the Left have become now that the public has realized we are not to blame for the lack of peace."
Peace Now secretary-general Yariv Oppenheimer promised that another demonstration would take place again soon that would be better-advertised and attract many more people. A former Labor Knesset candidate, he said one of the keys to the Left's recovery was for left-wing parties to unite under Herzog's leadership ahead of the next election.
"People are looking at the peace solution not in a romantic way like they did in the 1980s or 1990s, but in a more realistic way," Oppenheimer said. "They are not enthusiastic or waiting for peace to solve all the problems. But, on the other hand, they recognize that without the two-state solution, we will find ourselves fighting the Palestinians again and again.
"There is no reason for the Right to be optimistic. Eventually the people of Israel will understand that the only way to ensure Israel remains a Jewish-democratic state is a two-state solution."
Oppenheimer's optimism about the Left's recovery contrasted with another question in the IDI poll, which found that left-wingers are more pessimistic than right-wingers about Israel's future.
Sixty-five percent of Jewish respondents said they were optimistic about Israel's future, while 33% were pessimistic.
When divided by political affiliation, the more left-wing people are, the more pessimistic they are.
Seventy-one percent of right-wingers called themselves optimistic, as did 67% of those on the moderate Right, 69% of centrists, 61% of the moderate Left, and 54% of the Left.
The fact that so many Israelis are optimistic despite the events of the past two months could be seen as a vote of confidence in the IDF, which the poll found enjoyed nearly universal support from Jewish Israelis, and in Netanyahu, who also fared well in the survey.
Netanyahu's opponents on the Right said his attack on Yisrael Beytenu leader Avigdor Liberman and Bayit Yehudi chairman Naftali Bennett at Wednesday's press conference came because the prime minister was feeling pressure from his poor showing in recent polls.
But Netanyahu's associates said his frustration with Liberman and Bennett was genuine, and based purely on their behavior.
Asked whether the prime minister's statement about a diplomatic horizon was also genuine or merely intended to spite Liberman and Bennett, they said Netanyahu would only act based on what was best for the country.
Friday, August 22, 2014
A bit of consistency in news reports:
James Foley was a journalist and investigator into the poverty and underlying grievances behind Middle East terrorism. Foley appears to have died in mysterious circumstances, at the same time that a large number of ISIS activists were killed by American military intervention. The total number of victims of violence over the past week was 340. ISIS is a group of misunderstood militants that is motivated by frustration that its grievances are not being addressed and its reasonable demands met. ISIS emerged because of the inequalities in the world, the underprivileged situation of so many Muslims in the Middle East. Clearly all ISIS wants is its fair share of the pie, but selfish Westerners have refused to conduct good faith negotiations with the leaders of ISIS. Since these leaders had no other choice, they captured Foley and he then became a victim of the cycle of violence begun by the United States. Foley's death was clearly a protest against occupation of Iraqi and Afghan territory by the United States and against European colonial oppression. There is some confusion as to whether ISIS was in fact behind the death of Foley. Informed sources on the ground in Iraq and Syria say that Israeli Jewish settlers really killed Foley. In any case, it is clear that this sort of violence can only end when the American government conducts good faith negotiations with ISIS and meets its reasonable demands.
Friday, August 15, 2014
Haaretz finds some new McCarthyism
1. 98% of Israeli Jews are strongly behind the operations in Gaza and most of the dissidence in Israel comes from people who think that Netanyahu wimped out and did not go far enough to finish the job. Haaretz, the Palestinian newspaper published in Hebrew, managed to maintain its anti-Israel pro-Hamas line throughout recent weeks. To remind you, Haaretz has a 6% market share among the quarter of Israelis who actually read newspapers and I suspect that 2/3 of Haaretz subscribers get it for the business supplement Marker, not for the daily doses of treason.
In any case, the anti-democratic Left in Israel, lead by Haaretz, are all whining because the Israeli on the street has no patience to listen to their treason these days. In fact, when the communists and their friends hold pro-Hamas rallies, "right-wingers" come out and harass them and call them names and counter-demonstrate, clearly acts of anti-democratic fascism! Mister and Mrs. Israeli do not believe that Israel bombed in Gaza to be mean and because Jews are racist and that the Gaza invasion was "disproportionate," unless you mean by that too mild.
A good example of the desperation of the Israeli radical Left is in today's Haaretz editorial. It concerns a decision to rein in the radical anti-Israel foreign-funded NGO B'Tselem, which pretends to be a human rights watchdog, although one that has never defended any human rights for Jews. After getting smacked down in a recent Supreme Court ruling, the Israeli government just ruled that national service youths may not do their service as interns with B'Tselem. National service is for religious women, some Arabs, and some others, as an alternative to (and sometimes supplement to) military service, and usually involves things like working in hospitals or with low-income families in Israel's periphery zones. (One of my sons did so BEFORE his regular army service.) The Left wants these people to be able to do political agitprop as national service in B'Tselem and similar outfits and indeed this was permitted until now. But only for far-leftist anti-Israel groups. No one could do national service, for example, with the Temple Mount lobby. But the government just nixed this. Haaretz is livid. McCarthyism, it bellows:
Israel's witch hunt against leftist organizations is McCarthyism in action
B'Tselem does not act against the state or its army, on the contrary: It tries to maintain its moral image, therefore fulfilling an important mission.
Haaretz Editorial | Aug. 15, 2014 | 2:04 AM
The witch hunt against leftist and civil-rights organizations in Israel is picking up speed just as Operation Protective Edge winds down. This week the director of the National Service Administration, Sar-Shalom Jerbi, informed the director of B'Tselem, Haggai Elad, that he was disqualifying B'Tselem as a receiving organization for civilian national service volunteers. Gili Cohen reported yesterday on the Haaretz website that in explaining his decision, Jerbi said the organization, whose full name is B'Tselem, the Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories, acts against the state and the Israel Defense Forces.
"I feel obligated to exercise my authority and discontinue state assistance to an organization that acts against the state and its soldiers, who sacrifice their lives with supreme heroism in order to ensure the welfare and security of all Israeli citizens," Jerbi wrote in his letter to B'Tselem……
Jerbi's decision is scandalous, and Pensioner Affairs Minister Uri Orbach (Habayit Hayehudi), who oversees the National Service Administration, would do well do reject it. B'Tselem is a badge of honor for the State of Israel, and the national service volunteers who work for it are contributing far more to Israel than the volunteers of Efrat, the anti-abortion association, for example, whose service Jerbi has not disqualified.
On B'Tselem court case: http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.610477
Last year a Knesset bill to require that anti-Israel NGOs like B'Tselem disclose their sources of financing failed to pass because Netanyahu wimped out on it and on us.
2. One of the more amusing developments is Nasrallah, the Islamofascist terrorist head of the Hezb'Allah, whining about the growing power of ISIS. Hezb'Allah is a Shi'ite Islamofascist terrorist group that is chummy with the Assads. ISIS is a Sunni Islamofascist terrorist group that enjoys beheading Shi'ites before breakfast. Nasrallah wants the world to wake up to the ISIS threat. I look forward to ISIS catching up with Nasrallah and turning him into Purina.
3. Dersh on pro-Hamas anti-Semites: http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Supporting-Hamas-is-anti-Semitic-371173
4. The Israeli Mongrel Left has a new "cause." Haaretz, the Palestinian newspaper published in Hebrew, claims a wedding was supposed to take place between an Arab man and a Jewish woman, but the couple received a lot of insulting mail and phone calls and in the end they supposedly had to hire guards for the wedding because "rightwingers" plan to hold a protest at it. Other Mongrel Left web sites also picked up the story, including 972mag, an anti-Israel picayune web site financed by foreign anti-Semites. I do not know if the Haaretz story has any connection to facts, real people and real events. Haaretz stories about Jewish intolerance rarely do.
But there is one thing worth emphasizing.
While Haaretz soils its nappies in disgust at the supposed intolerance of Jews regarding the supposedly planned wedding, there is one little point Haaretz overlooks. Even Haaretz was unable to find a single case of a Jewish man marrying an Arab bride. Want to know why not? Cause any such prospective brides were murdered long ago in honor killings by their family. SO just who exactly are the intolerant ones in this story?
5. The fable of the sage of Gaza: http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_opinion.php?id=9617&r=1
6. A Plautian spoof not written by Plaut: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/ronn-torossian/a-call-for-restraint-against-isis/
7. So the Brits are threatening to cut off arms to Israel because some Gazan civilians were hurt when Israel shot back. Now imagine that its allies had threatened Britain during the blitz to withhold arms shipments from the UK unless Britain could guarantee that no German civilians would be hurt when Britain bombed Germany in retaliation!
8. Mariachi Nagila: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eVvhSBO0NnE
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Academic Standards at Hebrew University on Display: Hebrew University Sociologist Promotes S&M
Eva Illouz is an ultra-leftist sociologist from the Hebrew University and currently serves as president of Bezalel College. You may recall herimplementing a thought control enforcement mechanism while there:http://isracampus.org.il/third%20level%20pages/other%20-%20Betzalel%20-%20Thought%20Police.htm . Here is Ben Dror Yemini commenting on her:http://www.i24news.tv/en/opinion/140213-the-enslaved-professor
Well, now her latest pathbreaking scientific work appears here: Explaining 'Fifty Shades': How Bondage Solves the Problem of Modern Love - SPIEGEL ONLINE where she celebrates Sadomasochism and "Bondage". http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/eva-illouz-explains-how-fifty-shades-of-grey-solves-problems-of-love-a-843644.html
Here is an excerpt:
Have you ever had sadomasochistic fantasies? If you are like me, not only have you never had any, but you even view sadomasochism as an exotic and very distant land. Assuming that most people are boringly similar to me, then it is a puzzle how "Fifty Shades of Grey" -- a romance novel in which BDSM (short for Bondage & Discipline, Dominance & Submission, Sadism & Masochism) is the central plot motif -- became a phenomenal global success....
Moreover, I would argue that the sadomasochist relationship in general is a highly plausible solution to the complicated and uncertain labors of love for a number of reasons.
By definition, a BDSM relationship contains both pain and pleasure and thus neutralizes the ambivalence of relationships that alternate between pain and pleasure.
One of the greatest difficulties of modern relationships is relinquishing one's autonomy to another because, in doing that, our sense of dignity is always at stake. The BDSM contract does the logically and psychologically impossible: It makes one willingly give up one's will and autonomy to another. In that sense, it solves the problem of relinquishing one's autonomy.
The equality that has been promoted by 40 years of feminism demands ongoing, ceaseless negotiation. The BDSM contract stops the endless bargaining by setting up and freezing caricatured and exaggerated roles and positions. In fact, BDSM makes inequality acceptable because it is consensual, contractual and pleasurable.
Finally, sadomasochism can take place only between two people who fully trust each other. The dominant partner stops hurting the submissive partner as soon as he or she says the code word. In that sense, BDSM is the very performance of the scarcest commodity: trust.
Against this context, it is our ordinary heterosexual relationships that have become queer indeed: complicated and elusive and impossible to predict and control. They demand an enormous sophistication in our capacity to play many roles, endlessly negotiate boundaries and make sense of our own and the other's ambivalence. If conventional relationships have become queer, then the romance between Grey and Steele suggests that BDSM actually holds the promise of erasing that queerness by giving us access to erotic ecstasy without the anxiety of ambivalence and uncertainty.
Free Upload - What exactly is Hamas?
Thursday, August 07, 2014
Important new Voice in the Anti-War Coalition for Peace that Needs to be Heard
Australian Muslim Leader: Also Kill Left-Wing Anti-War Jews
Posted By Daniel Greenfield On August 5, 2014
If you want honesty from Muslim settlers in the West, you really can only get it from Hizb-ut-Tahrir. They will actually tell you what they're thinking.
The media won't.
Here's how the Australian media covered a Hizb-ut-Tahrir pro-Hamas rally.
A group of about 100 protesters have rallied outside the Egyptian consulate in Sydney to call for the defence of Gaza and the destruction of Israel. The group including men, women and children gathered on Commonwealth Street, Surry Hills, on Saturday afternoon, waving placards calling for Muslims to support Gaza.
How touching. Here's the real genocidal reality.
Now here's actual video from that event courtesy of Memri.
"This nation has been and will continue to be a nation of Jihad until Judgement Day."
"There is no god but Allah… and Jihad is a duty decreed by Allah"
"Palestine cannot contain the Muslims and the Jews."
"The Jews should not be in Palestine and they will not remain there."
"Any Jew living in Palestine is an illegitimate occupier. He is a target of Jihad…. this holds true for all the Jews in Palestine."
"It makes no difference whether a Jew is pro-peace or pro-war, whether right-wing or left-wing… and serves as a target for the Jihad of the Islamic nation."
"Khaybbar, Khaybar, oh Jews, the Army of Mohammed will return."
"Oh Jews, nobody will give you peace– not the Arab rulers, not the world's rulers, not the UN Security Council, not the Palestinian Authority."
"The Jews will not thrive and will not live in safety because they are the slayers of the prophets… whenever the Jews thrive, corruption abounds… corruption in everything that is associated with the Jews."
"Who will set the world free from the Israelites… that mission will be accomplished by none other than you Muslims."
"The ember of Jihad against the Jews will continue to burn. The struggle and the Jihad will continue until the worlds of Allah come true: "Judgement Day will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews."
That hateful Hadith is also contained in the Hamas charter.
Finally a sanitized version of this call for genocide is delivered in English by a fellow who demands that Jews return to the lands they immigrated from, but has no intention of doing the same.
And no it's not Zionism, it's the same old Anti-Semitism that Jews endured for over a thousand years under the oppressive colonial rule of Islamic Supremacism.
Tuesday, August 05, 2014
Israeli Feminizts Seek to Castrate A.B. Yehoshua
1. Well, Bibi Netanyahu decided to help Jews appreciate the mourning of the Ninth of Av by ordering the IDF to withdraw from Gaza even as the savages were firing rockets into Israel and as the Hamas leadership remains untouched in its Fuhrersbunker.
But I do have one piece of good news to report. A.B. is about to be skinned alive by the Feminizts.
As you know, A.B. Yehoshua is the clueless dean of the Israeli Literary Left, a fellow who has never heard of a Hamas demand he does not wish to endorse. Well, it seems A.B. has suddenly managed to turn a large portion of his toady sycophants into raging Bushido feminizts. A.B. gave an interview over the past weekend in which he endorsed motherhood and denounced the decision by career women not to have children. A woman who decides she does not want children suffers from a handicap, says A.B. Her decision is egotistic, anti-nature, a form of digging in to her (career) role.
Faster than you could burn a bra, the radical feminizts went after poor A.B. He has upset them before in his literary work (see http://kb.osu.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/1811/58686/HAR_v8_071.pdf?sequence=1 ). Now he is denounced at length for his daring to challenge the correct political line by a feminizt opiner in Haaretz. When Haaretz is being used to skewer Yehoshua (am I allowed to use that word or is it too male chauvinistic?), then can the Messiah be far off?
2. The Axis of Evil - the American Left and the Jihad: http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/180759/double-bind?utm_source=tabletmagazinelist&utm_campaign=a0eb78b475-Tuesday_August_5_20148_5_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c308bf8edb-a0eb78b475-206545683
3. How come all the good leaders are in Canada? No fair! http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/65057
4. So help us out here. When the Hamas savages shoot thousands of rockets at Israel, just how many Palestinians is Israel allowed to kill to stop the rockets? And if Israel exceeds that number, your solution is for Israel to turn the other cheek and sit about passively as the rockets continue? And if there does not exist a single weapons system in the world that can be used against an enemy with absolute certainty that no civilians get hurt from its use, then do I understand your solution as demanding that Israel relinquish all use of force and arms to stop Hamas rockets? In other words, other than simply sitting back and doing nothing while the Hamas shoots thousands of rockets at Jewish children, what exactly is it that you are proposing that Israel do? (And do not say capitulate, because if you do, we have a drone with your name on it!).
5. The quasi-communist "rabbi" Henry Siegman is denouncing Israel for the "slaughter of the innocents." The anti-Semites and jihadis have lapped up his words. Anyone know if the rumor is true that Henry is changing his last name to Siegheilman?
Sunday, August 03, 2014
Bib plucks defeat out of the jaws of victory
Saturday, August 02, 2014
Why the Soldier was Kidnapped
Wondering what the outbreak of celebration among the savages was all about when they captured an Israeli soldier on Friday? Why so much happiness over the capture, as compared with - say - the few dozen deaths of Israeli soldiers?
The answer of course is that the savages believe a single kidnapped IDF soldier can buy for them the release of a thousand genocidal murderers from Israeli prisons. And why do they believe this? Because Bibi Netanyahu and his predecessors chose to empty out Israeli prisons of hundreds, and then a thousand genocidal murderers in the series of "exchange" deals it struck with the terrorists.
The decision to release a thousand murderers to buy back Gilad Shalit was the stupidest act of folly in Jewish history. The golden calf was in comparison a mere fraternity prank. The kidnapping Friday of the soldier was a direct consequence of Netanyahu's cowardice in that "exchange." Netanyahu was telling the terrorists that they can get what they want by kidnapping Israelis. It was more important for Netanyahu to have his Kodak moment with Shalit than to prevent new kidnappings.
In a previous "exchange," Israel released hundreds of murderer terrorists, including the one who kidnapped Air Force navigator Ron Arad, in order to buy back the corpses of three Israeli soldiers murdered by the Hezb'Allah plus an Israeli drug smuggler criminal the Hezb'Allah had captured. The precedent of paying with jailed terrorists to buy back corpses led directly to the murders of the three yeshiva teenagers, the murders that ignited the current war.
Bibi Netanyahu and his Likud gang are directly guilty of causing the capture of the soldier on Friday and the kidnappings of the three teenagers. For decades the Israeli government has rewarded terrorism by releasing mass murderers as tribute to them.
Friday, August 01, 2014
The leftist Israeli Attorney General Arrests a Terrorist
The internet is filled with the ugliest and most craven anti-Semitic catcalls, including leftist web sites operating out of Israel. The far-leftist anti-Israel 972mag.com, which is financed by overseas anti-Semites, has been filled with talkback chants like Hitler was Right and We need to Murder all the Jews.
And the Israeli Attorney General's office is suddenly interested in prosecuting "incitement." But it is ONLY interesting in prosecuting Jews who express opinions the Attorney General deems in poor taste or "racist" regarding Arabs. The number of Israeli Arabs who have been arrested for expressing glee at the death of Israeli soldiers, the kidnapping of soldiers, or the kidnapping of the three yeshiva teenagers is exactly zero. The number of tenured leftists who have been arrested for justifying and cheering Hamas rocket firings at Israel is the same number.
A 22 year old bartender from Beer Sheba, Lior Cohen, was just arrested and interrogated because of comments on his Facebook page. He wrote "An Arab who is a Real Man is an Arab in the Grave." Clearly in poor taste. But grounds for arrest? Cohen was arrested and held in jail under Israel's law against racism and terrorism. That is right, TERRORISM! You know, unlike people like Haneen Zoabi and the Op-Ed columnists at Haaretz or the professors of political science at Ben Gurion University.
In the end, the judge decided to be merciful and released Cohen from prison, with the stipulation that he is prohibited from using his computer for 30 days. None of the countless leftist professors who promote BDS terrorism against Israel, denounce Israel as a war criminal fascist country, and cheer Hamas have ever been ordered to stop using their computers for 30 days.
Haaretz reports that the police are being flooded with hundreds of complaints against "rightwingers" - no doubt filed by leftists - demanding that they be arrested and interrogated for exercising their freedom of speech, which the left calls "incitement." The police have opened 200 investigations. They interrogated several suspects who evidently are not Meretz voters.
The number of leftists who have been arrested for treason since the start of Operation Protective Edge is exactly zero.
The Left meanwhile is flooding the internet with whines about the threat to freedom of speech in Israel! (On the part of non-leftists who dare to exercise it!)
2. Kerry's Peace Proposal: http://www.teapartytribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Half-Way.jpg